Shirley asks about reading:
- What prompts students to read more relevant material?
- Is there sufficient emphasis on appropriate wider reading in the module resources?
- Are there sufficient opportunities for students to discuss their reading?
- How can students make better use of libraries, both on and off line?
- Is there a need for more help on assessing the credibility of reading material?
I would add:
- How can students share the task of assessing the importance of an article?
- How can students tackle the academic style and cultural background of articles?
I’m a strong believer in creating reading groups and structuring the responsibilities so that students take turns in presenting their analysis of articles and being critical friends to each other – a simple, but effective teaching organisation, which soon lifts mutual capability.